The Boards of Trustees of the Chicago Laborers' Welfare Fund and the Chicago Laborers’ Retiree Welfare Fund (the "Funds") are pleased to introduce Member Self-Service (MSS), a secure online resource that helps you access important information about your health care benefits.
With MSS, you can get information about your health benefit under the benefit plans sponsored by the Funds (the "Plans"). You can use MSS to:
1. Verify your demographic information
2. Update your address
3. Check your eligibility within a one-year span
4. Check the status of a claim(s) for you, your spouse and/or under-aged dependent(s)
5. View your claim history
6. View and print an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for a claim
7. Check your Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) balance
8. Check the status of your HRA claims
The Funds will make reasonable efforts to present accurate information that is generally reliable on MSS. It is possible, however, that information found on MSS may not be current. In addition, information on MSS is subject to the official Plan documents, Summary Plan Descriptions and Summary Material Modifications. Only the Boards of Trustees of the Funds have the authority to interpret the Plans. If you require a formal determination about any benefit under the Plans, you must direct all inquiries in writing to the Fund Office at 11465 W. Cermak Road, Westchester, IL 60154. You cannot claim any benefit, file an appeal or bring a suit based on your reliance on anything contained in MSS.
The Funds will continue to evaluate new technology to safeguard your information and implement security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information on MSS.
Any links to other websites that are contained in MSS are offered for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement of those websites. Since these websites are not maintained by the Funds, the Funds do not make any guarantees or warranties to the validity or accuracy of the information posted on any third-party websites.
All contents of MSS and the conditions of its use are subject to change without notice. MSS does not contain any medical, legal, tax or financial planning or any other forms of professional advice. You are encouraged to obtain medical, tax, legal, and financial planning professional advice in helping you making prudent decisions regarding your benefits.
The Funds have no liability whatsoever for the failure of electronic or mechanical equipment used when accessing MSS.
You may desire to receive an electronic transfer of funds into your bank account. It is your responsibility to keep your bank account updated. If you close your account, you have the responsibility to notify us right away. If you do not notify us, you are responsible for any administrative costs.
1. You will act responsibly and be truthful and accurate about yourself and your dependents.
2. You will protect your unique identifier and/or password from any unauthorized use or access to your account or any account-related security breach.
3. You will activate security and privacy setting with regards to mobile device use (password and screen locking) when accessing MSS.
4. You will use best efforts to avoid any unauthorized access to MSS.
5. You will use MSS for your personal or non-commercial purposes only.
6. You are 18 years old or older.
7. You agree that the Funds have no liabilities for any damages you may incur as a result of your use of any third-party websites that you access through MSS.
8. You will report to the Fund as soon as possible any known unauthorized access to MSS.